1. Il regolamento del Forum è stato ripristinato e aggiornato, lo puoi trovare in ogni momento in basso a destra cliccando su "Termini e Condizioni d'uso del sito". Ti preghiamo di leggerlo e di rispettarlo per mantenere il forum un luogo piacevole ed accogliente per tutti. Grazie!
    Chiudi

Shaaman

Discussione in 'Power Metal' iniziata da Andrè_M, 25 Novembre 2004.

1. Samvise Gamgee

Samvise Gamgee
    Expand Collapse
    Hellfire Dr.Bootleg

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

3 Novembre 2006

tito falaschi?che è il fratello di edu?

2. kay

kay
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

3 Novembre 2006

infatti, è suo fratellino...

3. uncled

uncled
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

3 Novembre 2006

Oltre ad essere un batterista con un gran bel tocco;)

4. Lord_of_the_Thunder

Lord_of_the_Thunder
    Expand Collapse
    ***The Star***

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

8 Novembre 2006

non sapendo dove dirlo.... avete visto la notizia in Home? C'è un nuovo brano on-line sul sito di Matos. A quanto pare finirà sul primo disco "solista" del simpatico Andre... ;)

PS: leggendo l'intervista a Falaschi, si scopre che lo stesso Edu e Ricardo sono amici... non mi sorprende dunque che Tito sia entrato negli Shaaman. Anzi, a questo punto mi aspetto una clamorosa partecipazione di Edu almeno in un brano! :D

5. uncled

uncled
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

9 Novembre 2006

Sarebbe una cosa carina:) almeno per far vedere che i cantanti che si sono avvicendati in una band non devono odiarsi per forza (vedi Luppi-Lione:sadic:)

6. Lord_of_the_Thunder

Lord_of_the_Thunder
    Expand Collapse
    ***The Star***

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

9 Novembre 2006

beh ma per fare una cosa simile, dovrebbero fare un duetto loro due. Invece così è sempre Edu a dover rimediare ai danni fatti da Matos :D (o se preferite, Edu sarebbe sempre il rincalzo :lol: ).

7. uncled

uncled
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

9 Novembre 2006

Dipende dai punti di vista; è Edu che dovrebbe ringranziarel il cielo di poter condividere un brano con il divino Matos:sadic:

8. poeta73

poeta73
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

9 Novembre 2006

Curioso che le ultime due notizie sugli Shaaaaaaaman le abbiamo postate nelle news io e Lord: significa che in fondo vogliamo bene a questa band :D

In ogni caso sono fiducioso per la band di CONFESSORI (:sadic:), anche perché secondo me è indicativo che nel messaggio scriva "RITUAL goes on" (insomma da lì bisogna ripartire...non dall'obbrobrio successivo :sadic: ).
    Per quanto riguarda invece Matos, non sono riuscito a sentire il brano on-line, quindi non mi esprimo. Oppure mi fido.

9. Lord_of_the_Thunder

Lord_of_the_Thunder
    Expand Collapse
    ***The Star***

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

9 Novembre 2006

:lol: beh, io ci speravo molto negi ShaAman... e adesso che è rimasto Ricardo, ci spero ancora. Si sa mai che tornano ad essere un gruppo power.

Il brano nuovo dei "MATOS" (:D ) non è male. Perlomeno è heavy con qualche tastierina prog (ti ricorda niente questo accostamento?) e a quanto pare l'hanno scritto Matos e Mariutti (Hugo)... Insomma, speriamo che la voglia di far tutto da solo gli sia passata (comunque riprovaci... anche a me all'inizio dava problemi).

PS: ma adesso bisogna aprire un topic dedicato solo a Matos? E dove lo mettiamo, in Non Solo Metal? :rotfl:

10. poeta73

poeta73
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

9 Novembre 2006

Lo mettiamo in "sondaggi"...Viper, Angra, Shaman, Shaaman, Virgo, Matos, Matos-Mariutti, non si è ancora capito che vuol fare :hihi:
    Il nuovo brano Matos/Mariutti mi attizza dalla descrizione, riproverò stasera.

11. poeta73

poeta73
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

9 Novembre 2006

A proposito di news, ho visto che c'è un portale concorrente che non fa altro che scopiazzare le notizie che inseriamo qui (l'ho notato proprio per queste ultime 2 sugli Shaaman).
    E pensare che quella dal sito di Confessori l'ho tradotta liberamente estraendone alcuni concetti...questo tizio l'ha copiata e pubblicata uguale con le stesse parole! :rotfl:
    Magari poteva sforzarsi un po' di più...:hihi:...bah... :roll:

12. Andrè_M

Andrè_M
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

16 Novembre 2006

(a volte ritornano)
    Ciao simpaticoni ^_^ come state?

avete sentito il nuovo pezzo (demo) della "Andrè Matos Band" ? si chiama Rio (hehehe :P)

cosa ne pensate??? vediamo se la pensiamo allo stesso modo ...

13. Lord_of_the_Thunder

Lord_of_the_Thunder
    Expand Collapse
    ***The Star***

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

16 Novembre 2006

mi dici in privato che sito è? :D

cmq un giorno che il forum di TM era giù, ho fatto un giro dalla concorrenza e, a quanto pare, il settore notizie di TM è molto invidiato per via dell'aggiornamento costante da parte degli utenti :)

@Andre_M: cosa ne penso di Rio? Leggi qualche riga più in alto ;)

14. kay

kay
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

11 Gennaio 2007

L'intervista di Ricardo su http://whiplash.net/

------------------------------

After months and months of rumours, Shaaman no longer exists. It's over as we know it, with Andre, Luís, Hugo and Ricardo. Three of them are involved with the solo adventure that is named after Andre, not to mention Hugo's and Luís's involvement with Henceforth. It became clear that there was a split between the three of them and drummer Ricardo Confessori. Now we have a fact: Ricardo is going to continye with Shaman (he doesn't use the name with two "A's") and he's preparing new material. We've talked to him via email and we tried to ask him about most info that has been rumoured for the past 6 months, because we wanted to hear his version of the story.
    The first question obviously has to be related to the present: what have you been doing lately, musically speaking? Is there any project under development?

Ricardo Confessori - I've been working a lot in new compositions inside my studio. These are ideas that will be present in my next album, that will be released next year. I've been travelling around Brazil with my workshops, I've been to Venezuela as well, I've made 30 [workshops] this year, and it's amazing how the number of drummers who go to these events grows more and more. I'm always promoting Shaman and my work in parallel. As a producer, I'm producing 3 bands at this moment: Caballah (São Paulo) and Odisseiah (Manaus), who have also been recording in my studio, called Plug In, besidesSatisfire, a thrash metal band from the South of Brazil, which started recording at Via Musique Studio in December.

In one of your letters to the fans, you've clearly estated that "the Ritual isn't over". That leaves margin to a possible return of the band Shaman. Who would be the musicians involved with it?

Ricardo Confessori - The return will be inevitable. Shaman was everything that I've invested in my whole life. I feel as if all the bands in which I've participated were a sort of apprenticeship for me to get here. Shaman was a band where, besides playing the drums, I could compose things that I've developped on my own and that have become hits among our fans, and indeed, hearing them sing [my own compositions] has changed my view on music and the way I see the band. It's as if I've finally realized that I'm completely in tune with the guys who listen to us and I know what they want to hear. Regarding the new members, it's still too early to anounce their names, but I'll do it soon.

And, after all, why was there this breakup involving you on one side, and Andre, Hugo and Luís on the other?

Ricardo Confessori - This is something that you should ask them. Until now all I know is that, from their side, there was simply no longer the wish to share the stage with me; however, the true reasons, besides those such as "time has eroded the relationship", I've never got to know.

Ricardo, it's impossible not to touch this subject, it's impossible not to have the musical rupture that happened to Shaman as the focus of this interview, since we've spent more than 6 months without any concrete news, and the speculation grew amazingly in the press. Don't you think this was all badly conducted by the band, who could have said something in public and made the fans less anxious?

Ricardo Confessori - If it were up to me, yes, I'd have conducted the situation in a different way. But like I said, it took me a long time to "realize", because I didn't think there were enough reasons for us not to come back after a short period of vacation.

It was initially said that you would leave the band. Some shows were even said to be your goodbye, since you arrived separately from the rest of the band. Of course, everything is rumour, but at that time when the "Reason Tour" was almost over, how was the mood inside the band?

Ricardo Confessori - The mood was that of uncertainty, that's what I would say. The rumours were going around like crazy, and I was just trying to find answers to people's questions, answers that I myself didn't have. At a certain point there was no more communication among us, we simply did the shows. The good side is that there were very few shows in that mood, so I don't feel so bad about it.

I think it's hard to understand this abrupt process. Shaman was born, released its first CD, presented itself in almost 150 concerts, released a live album, kept on doing shows, released its second CD, did more shows and split up. What went wrong, in your opinion? Would it be the extreme need to search for notoriety and success, that you had already brought for being ex-Angra members?

Ricardo Confessori - As I said before, you should ask that question to Luís, Andre and Hugo. In my opinion the band could still be together, but isn't! The search for success never drove me. I've always looked for challenge, for overcoming my limits, investing in long-lasting relationships, building. Jumping from one thing to another is easier than keeping something forever, going through difficulties and overcome them. I can't see the reason why we stopped playing together. Everything was always made in an egalitarian way for everyone. Nobody had disadvantages or advantages. Everyone could voice their opinion equaly, that is to say, everything was perfect. But now I think that this is how I used to see the band, unlike the others.

It has been said that you got sick during the tour and that you wanted more time to relax and dedicate yourself to less demanding projects. To what point is that the truth?

Ricardo Confessori - Yes, I've had a problem with my ear, but that has never prevented me from doing anything. During the beggining of the band in 2000, until 2004, I was the administrator and would run like crazy for the band, especially regarding the bureaucracy. After that I decided that someone else should do it, I thought I had done my part, which was the initial punch for the band to take off.

I remember a part of an interview from the recently-formed Shaman where Luís said that "if Angra lasted 10 years, we'll last for over 20". Whose fault was it? Did everybody make mistakes or was it just some people who didn't know how to keep the band united?

Ricardo Confessori - I can say that I've done everything I could to get here, better saying, I did more than I could. Now all that's left for me to do is move on, there are lots of talented musicians in Brazil, idealists and, like I said, the Ritual goes on...

To conclude this part of the interview, how is your relationship with the other members? The alleged physical "combats" between you and the other member of the band really happened?

Ricardo Confessori - The last time I fought with someone physically was over 25 years ago, before highschool. All of this is nothing but foolish rumours. We're talking to each other, solving our pendings, and I hope that in the future we can have a beer together.

Now let's talk about the future. Your ex-band mates are working on a CD for the solo career of vocalist Andre Matos. What do you think will be the result of such project, musically speaking?

Ricardo Confessori - It can result in a good band, it depends on how much they'll work for it.

The aforementioned band did a "surprise" performance at the Live N Louder Rock Fest 2006. The new songs showed a content that is very similar to what Shaman did in "Reason". What would be, then, the musical differences between you and how do you intend to develop the sonority of your new project?

Ricardo Confessori - I'm doing what I've always done, but I'll do nothing like "Reason" from now on, because this CD had a lot of compositions from Hugo that didn't please me, and that resulted in this "pseudo-modern", "ADIDAS" look to the band, and I don't intend to repeat that. From now on it'll be metal, with my influences in the drums, with swing, ideas that have always highlighted me both in Angra and in Shaman. That's what the fans can expect, pure metal in the vein.

Are there any new songs ready yet? How do they sound like? Are there any dates defined for releases or concerts?

Ricardo Confessori - Yes, we're working to wrap it all up and release next year, during the first semester.

Touching on the personal point of the question, how are you feeling now? Do you feel you've taken the right decision? To what point the so-famous friendship among the members has been affected?

Ricardo Confessori - Actually that doesn't matter anymore, I have new companions and the friendship is happening among us, and that makes me happy. With a good mood, the songs come out easily, and everything gets easier.

Curiously, if you make a reform on Shaman, we'll have 3 bands with a very similar sonore proposition: traditional heavy metal; Angra (who recently released a new CD), the supposedly new Shaman and Andre Matos's solo band. Doesn't it sound weird and contradictory, since the reason that split you up was strictly musical?

Ricardo Confessori - It never was strictly musica, and that has been exhaustively said in both breakups. There's space for all the bands, the more bands exist, the more the [metal] movement grows and more people hear about it and start enjoying it. This is good for the scene, and you'd better believe it, the metal scene in Brazil grows each day because of that, through all these doors that Angra and Shaman have opened in Brazil, you know what I'm talking about.

You've done few workshops this year. Are there any plans for those?

Ricardo Confessori - No, actually it's the opposite, I've done more than 20, you must be badly-informed. (NOTE: he's absolutely right, this is my fault). In my website you can check out the dates and see photos. I'll keep on doing them, now I have a new endorsee, which is Premier, and I'm promoting this trademark a lot, not to mention my other sponsors, those who are interested can check on my site too.

How about your health? How have you been physically speaking? People say that your performance hasn't been the same due to such problems. How do you analyze such information?

Ricardo Confessori - My health's going well, thanks. I don't know where this info comes from, so I don't analyze them! All I can say is that I've been swimming 2.000 meters 3 times a week, I don't think that's bad, is it? My drumming keeps being strong, I haven't used "triggers" yet, which means that even though I'm almost in my 40s, I'm in better shape than ever!

What can we expect from Ricardo Confessori in the future? You've always had a composer side, and now you can expand it with a new band.

Ricardo Confessori - I've always been expanding this side of mine, in any situation. Practicing makes you improve and inspiration is also very important. I've been living great moments and that's why inspiration doesn't lack. In my new work, I'm going back to my drumming origins, creating drumming like the old days, in the Angra times. It's a lot of surprises, and I intend to make another revolution with this new CD. To me, it has to become a reference for drummers, like "Holy Land" was (Angra), and I'm working hard for that.

Ricardo, thank you very much for the interview, and sorry for the excess of questions regarding what I judge to be delicate and at the same tiem uncomfortable for you. I want to make it clear that the objective of this interview was to clarify several points that the fans have been asking constantly, and not to make gossip or intrigue. This final space is yours to talk.

I want to thank Whiplash and tell all the Shaman fans that the Ritual goes on...don't forget!

15. poeta73

poeta73
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

11 Gennaio 2007

"Non farò più niente di simile a "Reason", quel cd è pieno di composizioni di Hugo che non mi piacciono...pseudo-moderne"...:hihi: :sadic:
    Bravo Ricardo! :happy:

Condividi questa Pagina