1. Il regolamento del Forum è stato ripristinato e aggiornato, lo puoi trovare in ogni momento in basso a destra cliccando su "Termini e Condizioni d'uso del sito". Ti preghiamo di leggerlo e di rispettarlo per mantenere il forum un luogo piacevole ed accogliente per tutti. Grazie!
    Chiudi

Judas Priest

Discussione in 'Heavy Metal' iniziata da oldmaidenfan73, 2 Ottobre 2003.

1. BrutalThrash

BrutalThrash
    Expand Collapse
    March of the S.O.D.

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

7 Gennaio 2008

Grazie marchese:beer:

Ho ascoltato questa "Ram it down" con Travis alla batteria:headbang:
    Scott gli ha aumantato i bpm, ma non ci ha aggiunto la sua proverbiale doppia cassa:(.. questa versione, suonata a quella velocità, è comunque devastante:)

2. Rive

Rive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned
    BANNATO

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

7 Gennaio 2008

Postiamo qualke link x cortesia???:)

3. irondelvif83

irondelvif83
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

10 Gennaio 2008

[​IMG]
    ROB HALFORD On New JUDAS PRIEST Album, PANTERA Comparisons And Infamous 'Metal Is Dead' Comment - Jan. 10, 2008 Metal-Rules.com recently conducted an interview with JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

On the status of the new JUDAS PRIEST CD, "Nostradamus":

Halford: I've been away for about a month while Glenn [Tipton] and K.K. [Downing] have been doing their final guitar overdubs. We're about to start mixing, so I'm going to see the boys in a few days time and then we'll be rockin' and roaring through the mixing sessions.

Metal-Rules.com: So your vocals are already laid down for the new album then?

Halford: Yeah, I completed those some time back. Everybody does their bits as you go along and normally I don't do my vocal work until the bulk of the recording has been done which is how it turned out and rhythm guitars and everything were laid and all the other instruments, but Glenn and K.K. have just been burning the midnight metal oil and getting all of their leads completed, so I'll be excited to hear what they've been doing. Then we get on with the mixing and the mastering and get it out for next year when the tour kicks off.

Metal-Rules.com: So we can probably expect something before the summer then, I take it?

Halford: I think so, yeah. I mean, you know the way it goes. Most bands hit the road when they've got a new release out there. It'll have been a couple of years since we've been back on the world circuit.

Metal-Rules.com: When JUDAS PRIEST does get out on the road again, is there any chance that any material from the two albums that you weren't on — "Jugulator" and "Demolition" — will be performed live?

Halford: Yeah and I've said this before that those two records are as important in the PRIEST world as everything else. Glenn, K.K. and I have talked about this and I'd welcome it. I think it would be an exciting moment for me to cover the tracks that my mate Tim ["Ripper" Owens] worked on while he was with the band. So again, anything is possible. Each time when we put a set list together, it gets increasingly difficult because we've got so many songs from so many records that we just have to look at the set list and figure out what the favorites are and go from there. Again, PRIEST fans around the world are always putting ideas upon what they'd like to hear us do, but I think it would be kind of fresh to pick maybe one or two tracks from both of those records and just give it the Metal God touch.

Metal-Rules.com: When [FIGHT's] "War Of Words" first came out you drew a lot of comparisons to PANTERA. Did you feel those comparisons were valid?

Halford: No. That again is something that always irritated me. I think if I hadn't have had such a wonderful time with PANTERA on the "Painkiller" tour in Europe and if I hadn't have had the pleasure to run down to Dallas for a day to work with the guys for the "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" movie on "Light Comes Out of Black", I don't think that would have been so much on the radar, under the spotlight. It irritated me because that's not the kind of thing I do. I don't chase after other people with my music. I try and be an innovator and the songs that I wrote for "War Of Words" — which I'd never done before because I usually work with a team of writers — I did all that myself in Phoenix, whatever year that was. It was just pouring out of me just because it'd been waiting to flow and go for a number of years and when we found the players for FIGHT and we started to rehearse the music in Phoenix, everybody had their own definitive sound and style in place and ready to work and so there was never a moment of saying, "Hey guys, you've got to get a sound like PANTERA," which is what the implication is. That would be absolutely fucking stupid, you know. Everybody had their way of playing and so it was just a case of recreating those very rough skeletal ideas that I presented to them and then going into the demo phase. I mean, you listen to the demos, which obviously is the first stage before production, and you can just sense the great energy and the real determination from everybody's performance.

Metal-Rules.com: I was hoping you could clear up one misconception. Did you leave JUDAS PRIEST to do FIGHT or were you still in JUDAS PRIEST when "War Of Words" was being written and recorded?

Halford: Well, that's a good question and the answer is that I was still connected to PRIEST while I was writing all of that music and looking for band players. It wasn't until I was finding myself in a position where the only way I could venture out to look at other record company affiliations did I see that the legal language in the contract was what I felt to be really severe and restrictive. I wasn't the only one going through it. I think [Bruce] Springsteen was going through it at the time and George Michael. Everybody was contesting the language and the language alluded to the fact that if you were going to step away from being in that band, in that contract, then you would be free to pursue other searches for other labels and that's what I had to do and of course that's when the proverbial shit hit the fan. I still insist today, in my own mind, that I didn't leave PRIEST. I left PRIEST in the legalese of it all, but it just came at a time when…you know that "Painkiller" tour and the Reno trial before it had been extremely difficult for us all on a personal level and in retrospect, we've said now that the best thing we should have done was to have taken two or three years off. We'd been working hard from "Rocka Rolla" pretty much consistently up until "Painkiller" and bands are human and sometimes you need to take a holiday but we never did (laughs). But that's really how the essence of it all came around. I mean, the thing that's more important to me is the fact that PRIEST was still PRIEST and you know the band was still there, the band was still working and that was a little bit of a comfort. I think I would have been full of remorse if the band had completely broken to pieces but that was not the case because Tim went in and did some fantastic work on "Jugulator" and "Demolition".

Metal-Rules.com: Going back to the TWO years, there was an interview that you have been famously quoted as saying that "metal is dead." Was there a defining moment that brought metal back to life for you again after the TWO project?

Halford: Oh well, that was an absolutely fucking stupid thing for me to say. I was just so emotional that day. I can remember I was sitting on my tour bus outside of the Hollywood Palladium in L.A. and I think the TWO band was working with RAMMSTEIN that night and I was just in a bitch mood (laughs). I said something which I…..you know, everybody has the freedom to be stupid and I was completely stupid that day. I've made amends in recent years about making that ridiculous comment. I think I was probably just reflecting on my own situation, frustrations that come with what you do and I think it was probably a Monday night, I don't particularly like Monday that much (laughs). Had it been Friday or Saturday, I'd have been in a different frame of mind. But I was just being a bit of a petulant rock star bitch that afternoon, so there you go. It's all water under the bridge now.

4. slayerized6

slayerized6
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

10 Gennaio 2008

Sono contento che Rob parli bene di Owens e voglia cantare qualcosa del suo periodo. Ah, non ho capito l ultima risposta.

5. TheWorld

TheWorld
    Expand Collapse
    Trallallà Metaller

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

10 Gennaio 2008

umm qualcosa da jagulator? Non mi dispiacerebbe sinceramente sentire una cathedral spires o una burn in hell.. non penso che alla fine le metteranno in set-list però.
    L'ultima risposta.. è.. GRANDIOSA cacchio lol
    Si può riassumere in:
    "ho detto una cazzata" :rotfl:

6. ironmaid

ironmaid
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

10 Gennaio 2008

rob halford for president!!!!8-]
    quest'uomo é sempre piú il mio mito.:happy:

7. irondelvif83

irondelvif83
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

13 Gennaio 2008

Vassil Varbanov of Bulgaria's Tangra Mega Rock recently conducted an interview with JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Tangra Mega Rock: What exactly is Metal God Entertainment?

Halford: It's a new company based about everything in the world of heavy metal. At the moment we're working exclusively with my solo activities, but for the future we hope that it will become a great organization for everybody in the metal community. We have a metal label called Metal God Records, and eventually we wanna make that open to all metal bands that might want to work with us. You see, it's just a great production company for all different aspects of metal — music, films, radio, magazines... We have a lot of ideas.

Tangra Mega Rock: As obvious from its name, it's not just a record label, but a huge platform covering all aspects...

Halford: Yes, I love the word entertainment, because that's what we do. When you're in a band and you go on stage you're entertaining people — you're putting on a great show with visuals and sound, so I think that's the right word and that's why we decided to call it Metal God Entertainment. That's what we're all about — giving people good experiences and a fantastic night out.

Tangra Mega Rock: FIGHT called it a day way earlier before you rejoined PRIEST. Was this because of the project TWO that you started with John Lowery and Trent Reznor?

Halford: Well, the extraordinary thing to me is that I've done so many things in metal and I've always been dedicated to whatever project I work on, that I give everything I do a 1000%. I think FIGHT got lost in the turbulent time around the launch of the grunge scene from Seattle — the whole of the music industry was more focused on that, so unfortunately FIGHT was not able to follow through. Anyway, "War of Words" is there forever, as well as "A Small Deadly Space"... As for TWO, I met John Lowery through some friends, and we had that surprise meeting with Trent Reznor in New Orleans — that's how the TWO project came together. It's really cool, because recently, since "Metal God Essentials" came out, a lot of people have been wanting to reinvestigate the TWO era, so I'm gonna re-release our album "Voyeurs" (1998) — I'm remixing it right now. I'm also gonna release the original demo recordings.

Tangra Mega Rock: People know you as the Metal God made of "British Steel", however you're not some arrogant bastard — you've always been willing to help some of your younger colleagues, for example UGLY KID JOE in their early days, SKID ROW... How come?

Halford: That's just because I live and breathe heavy metal 24 hours a day. I'm a metal fan as much as I'm a metal musician and I get constantly inspired by all the things that happen in music. I might be an old guy, but I've still got a young metal heart. I just love to see what's happening in the metal scene around the world every day — I check the Internet, go into MySpace and YouTube... I just like to keep in contact with all of the great things for the metal future.

Tangra Mega Rock: As you said, you're not young anymore...

Halford: No, but that's the great thing about metal music — it keeps you alive and vital. My fan base is a mixture of young metalheads in their teens to people from my own generation. I love my fans in all different parts of the world, different races, different religions, different sexual orientation... We're all human beings and we should all love each other, and one of the ways of doing that is being in the metal world.

Tangra Mega Rock: You made me think of the next question now... Basically it's been 10 years since you revealed you're homosexual. People back then were a bit shocked, but I think they don't have a problem with that anymore. Do you think this makes the world a better place now?

Halford: It will be a better place if we all get along. I see the troubles in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world and it's just terrible. I've lived a long life already and I only wish the world could get better. However, I think most people in the world just wanna live their lives and love one another and let each other have the freedom to get the best of everything in life. So it is with me — metalheads are all different, but at the end of the day it's all good.

Tangra Mega Rock: Back to Metal God Entertainment now. You started the company in the year when Trent Reznor said, "Fuck the record industry!" RADIOHEAD tried to make some sort of an Internet revolution... How do you see the future of the record industry?

Halford: I think everything is slowly settling down now. The Internet was invented over a decade ago, so like any other new invention on a global level it affects a lot of people, especially guys like myself and the fans in the music world. I think record companies are still very important and a vital part of the industry, but equally there's an opportunity now for you to choose how to pick and enjoy your music — you can either get if from the Internet or from CD distribution companies. I don’t think it's cool to say that the industry should fuck off — that's silly. I think you should embrace every opportunity to make your music available on a worldwide level.

Tangra Mega Rock: And what do you think about the return of VAN HALEN?

Halford: I think it's unfortunate that they don't have the original bass player, Michael Anthony. Of course it's exciting to see David Lee Roth back on stage again... I remember many, many year ago JUDAS PRIEST opened up for VAN HALEN in Los Angeles — that's a vivid memory for me. VAN HALEN had a very important voice in rock 'n' roll, so it's exciting to see them back together. It's a great show to watch.

Tangra Mega Rock: Finally, what should we expect from JUDAS PRIEST's "Nostradamus"? Is it the best record you've ever done?

Halford: Yeah, I think it's some of the greatest metal PRIEST has ever made. It's a wonderful story about this real man that lived 500 years ago in France. A man that was able to look into the future. He had a very complicated life and we're talking about every aspect of it — his prophecies, the difficulties he faced with different people... We're surrounding the entire story with some of the greatest metal PRIEST has ever made. It's everything you love in JUDAS PRIEST. We're mixing it right now and it should be out sometime this year. We're also going on the road doing some massive world tours — probably two. We'll be doing the classic PRIEST tour, so you'll get to hear all of your favourites like "Breaking the Law", "Living After Midnight", "Electric Eye", "Metal Gods", etc., and then we'll be doing a "Nostradamus" tour where we'll play everything from the album — from the beginning to the end. It's the year of the PRIEST!

8. TheWorld

TheWorld
    Expand Collapse
    Trallallà Metaller

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

13 Gennaio 2008

Ecco i two mi mancano completamente... me lo procuro quando lo ristampano.

umm mi sa che internet abbia un pò beeeel pò più di dieci anni rob :rotfl:

beh direi che con questa è quasi certo che al gods faranno il set classico e poi verranno da soli per fare tutto nostradamus :)

9. The_Metal_Priest

The_Metal_Priest
    Expand Collapse
    100% rujo

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

7 Febbraio 2008

riuppo il topic che era finito in seconda pagina :shock:

novità?
    a parte il fatto che al gods è sempre più probabile che facciano i classici (:sbav:)
    e che poi tornino da soli di nuovo (ri:sbav:)?

10. rocker1966

rocker1966
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

7 Febbraio 2008

Bravissimi; secondo me è la cosa più giusta da fare.-

11. Rive

Rive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned
    BANNATO

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

7 Febbraio 2008

Beh sarebbe giusto così!

Ma il disco non dovrebbe essere in procinto di uscire? Qual era la data?

12. nightcrawler

nightcrawler
    Expand Collapse
    ThunderSteel

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

7 Febbraio 2008

spero tanto facciano il contrario perche' non ci saro' il terzo giorno del gods, ma non penso proprio...:cry::cry:

13. TheWorld

TheWorld
    Expand Collapse
    Trallallà Metaller

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

7 Febbraio 2008

penso che ormai questo sia sicuro :)
    spero di risucire a vederli in entrambe le date :headbang:

14. Gates of Utumno

Gates of Utumno
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

7 Febbraio 2008

ragazzi che belle notizie che mi date.giustissima decisione.fantastico,un concerto di solo classici,come giustamente dovrebbe eseere in un festival estivo..

15. delphi

delphi
    Expand Collapse
    Delphino Curioso

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

7 Febbraio 2008

Una canzone non classica che mi piacerebbe sentire molto dal vivo è Hellrider :sbav: :headbang:

Ma per classici si intendono anche brani di Painkiller?

Condividi questa Pagina