1. Il regolamento del Forum è stato ripristinato e aggiornato, lo puoi trovare in ogni momento in basso a destra cliccando su "Termini e Condizioni d'uso del sito". Ti preghiamo di leggerlo e di rispettarlo per mantenere il forum un luogo piacevole ed accogliente per tutti. Grazie!
    Chiudi

Scar Symmetry

Discussione in 'Death Metal - GrindCore' iniziata da Luca86, 21 Maggio 2006.

1. Wakka

Wakka
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody's Hero

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

19 Gennaio 2014

In arrivo, pare, un nuovo album.

[​IMG]

2. Wakka

Wakka
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody's Hero

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

20 Gennaio 2014

Più roba invece.

SCAR SYMMETRY ANNOUNCES CONCEPT ALBUM TRILOGY: 'THE SINGULARITY'
    Last year, Henrik approached me with this super cool lyrical concept, that was so complex and vast in scope that we realized it was a story that couldn't be told in just one album. So, the decision was made: instead of writing a new album, we started working on a trilogy of albums - the most ambitious project of our career.
    The first of the three albums is called 'The Singularity (phase I: Neohumanity)'
    "In the coming decades we will see the rise of artificial intelligence and transhumanism. Humanity will build artilects (artificial intellects) with mental capacities far above the human level of thought. By the year 2030, one of the world's biggest industries will be "artificial brains," used to control artilects that will be genuinely intelligent and useful. Millions of people will be prepared to spend more money on an artilect than on a car.
    So in about a decade there will be a thriving artificial brain industry, and nearly everyone will have an artilect which will be upgraded every two or three years. Each new artilect generation will be smarter and more useful than the previous generation, so that as the gap between the human intelligence level and the artificial intelligence level gets smaller every year, the species dominance debate will increase. There will be those who embrace the new technology and those who oppose it. There will also be those who add artilectual components to their own bodies, aiming to become artilect gods themselves.
    The rise of the artilects and cyborgs will be disruptive to human culture, creating alienation and hatred. Children infused with artilectual nanotechnology and components will become dead to their parents as they see their offspring turn into cyborgs because they are no longer human, but an artilect in human disguise. Those who oppose the cyborgs and artilects will have to strike early in the oncoming conflict or they will be overthrown by the superior artificial species.
    Add to this the advances in cryonics and cloning where minds can be downloaded and uploaded into eternal physical life and we see a very different reality emerge on earth.
    The singularity is here, technocalypse and cybergeddon emerges!"
    Stay tuned for release date, track listing and more!
    Cheers
    Per Nilsson

Video.

3. Wakka

Wakka
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody's Hero

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

20 Gennaio 2014

Copertina.

[​IMG]

4. Wakka

Wakka
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody's Hero

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

18 Agosto 2014

2014-08-14 14:30 - Swedish Melodic Death Metallers SCAR SYMMETRY will release their new album and successor to 2011’s highly acclaimed masterpiece »The Unseen Empire« called »The Singularity (Phase I – Neohumanity)« on October 03 (EU), October 06 (UK & France) and October 14 (US) 2014 via Nuclear Blast.
    Today the band unveils the tracklisting of »The Singularity (Phase I – Neohumanity)« which will be as follows:
    01. The Shape Of Things To Come (00:52)
    02. Neohuman (08:43)
    03. Limits To Infinity (04:57)
    04. Cryonic Harvest (06:12)
    05. The Spiral Timeshift (04:50)
    06. Children Of The Integrated Circuit (02:25)
    07. Neuromancers (05:11)
    08. Technocalyptic Cybergeddon (10:12)
    Commented guitarist Per Nilsson: "The lyrical concept that Henrik came up with for The Singularity trilogy is huge in scope, complex and awe-inspiring, and naturally the music I wrote needed to follow suit - and it is with great pride that we can now present 'Phase I - Neohumanity', the first part in the most progressive and elaborate project in the history of Scar Symmetry. What an awesome way of celebrating our 10th anniversary!"
    The band just recently released the mind-blowing cover artwork for »The Singularity (Phase I – Neohumanity)« created by Mircea Gabriel Eftemie.
    »The Singularity (Phase I – Neohumanity)« is the first part of a trilogy and Mircea Gabriel Eftemie will be doing the entire artwork for the forthcoming album trilogy.

Teaser.

5. damagedone

damagedone
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

23 Agosto 2014

Nuovo brano:

Ultima modifica di un moderatore: 23 Luglio 2015
  6. Sakurambo

Sakurambo
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

24 Agosto 2014

Bel brano, sempre più devoti a Dan Swano.

7. Wakka

Wakka
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody's Hero

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

26 Settembre 2014

8. damagedone

damagedone
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

26 Settembre 2014

Non mi piace. Sarà l'ennesimo album pieno di filler...

9. Wakka

Wakka
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody's Hero

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

1 Ottobre 2014

A me non sembra un filler, però il fatto che sia la prima parte di un concept non è che mi rallegri più di tanto, non vorrei ci fossero parti ripetute per fare da filo conduttore, e sinceramente 1/3 dedicato solo ai soli di chitarra mi pare eccessivo.

10. Wakka

Wakka
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody's Hero

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

10 Gennaio 2015

THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME IN 2015
    Hey guys, Per Nilsson here! I hope you have survived the holidays and that you're all off to a great 2015. I just wanted to check in with a quick update to let you know what's going on in the Scar Symmetry camp!
    One of us is having a kid soon, which is why we've decided to not tour until the fall at the earliest, though we might do some of them summer festivals this year. In the meanwhile, me and Henrik will be hard at work writing 'The Singularity (Phase II - The Force Awakens)'*. We're nowhere near having a release date, but as usual you'll read it hear first!

* è uno scherzo.

11. Wakka

Wakka
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody's Hero

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

28 Ottobre 2015

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

We are sorry to announce that Kenneth has left Scar Symmetry to pursue other interests, we miss him dearly but as they say: the show must go on! Much love and many thanks to Kenneth for all the years, all the drunken tour stories, all the good times!

We did our first show of the Epica/Eluveitie/Scar Symmetry tour tonight, and we are excited to announce that for this tour we have enrolled the amazing Andreas Silén on bass and Benjamin Ellis on guitar (of Propane Headrush and Bloodshot Dawn fame respectively), these guys shred like noone else!

We hope to see you guys at the shows, cheers everyone!

Qui il video del'annuncio.

12. Wakka

Wakka
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody's Hero

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

14 Settembre 2016

It's about time we make the official announcement:

SCAR SYMMETRY recruits former BLOODSHOT DAWN and HYPOCRISY axemen

We are stoked to announce the addition of Benjamin Ellis on guitar and Andreas Holma on bass to our official lineup!

Benjamin Ellis (ex-Bloodshot Dawn) is a British guitar virtuoso who filled in for me a couple of years ago when I had to sit out an East European tour, and has played alongside me on tour since. Ridiculous player and a total sweetheart!

Andreas Holma is mostly known as a guitar player - he used to play for Hypocrisy but also did short stints as a touring guitarist for Pain and Soilwork - though the bass guitar is his main instrument and we are excited to pull him back into the spotlight after some years away from the scene. Incredible musician and a gentle soul!

Check out this video from one of our recent shows to see our new lineup in full action!

Cheers'n'beers and much love /Per

13. Wakka

Wakka
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody's Hero

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

31 Marzo 2023

Nuovo album in uscita il 9 Giugno per Nuclear Blast, su spotify il singolo di Scorched quadrant e dalle 15 su youtube il video.

01. Chrononautilus
    02. Scorched Quadrant
    03. Overworld
    04. Altergeist
    05. Reichsfall
    06. Digiphrenia Dawn
    07. Hyperborean Plains
    08. Gridworm
    09. A Voyage with Tailed Meteors
    10. Soulscanner
    11. Xenotaph

[​IMG]