1. Il regolamento del Forum è stato ripristinato e aggiornato, lo puoi trovare in ogni momento in basso a destra cliccando su "Termini e Condizioni d'uso del sito". Ti preghiamo di leggerlo e di rispettarlo per mantenere il forum un luogo piacevole ed accogliente per tutti. Grazie!
    Chiudi

Andre Matos

Discussione in 'Power Metal' iniziata da James1984, 6 Maggio 2007.

1. GegioSebastian1

GegioSebastian1
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Giugno 2009

appunto..dovrebbe essere lui a cantare e fare fare il coretto all altro ogni tanto,nn il contrario..

2. James1984

James1984
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

3 Giugno 2009

lunga intervista ad andra matos e risposte alle domande dei fan .Si parla moltissimo del nuovo album e anche del DVD..

1) Iniziamo con le risposte ai fan:
    Sorry guys if all of them were not answered, there were a lot of questions and it would definitely have taken too much of Andre's time!

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You played an awesome show in Porto Alegre, with an orchestra. Do you think that a concert like this would be possible in France, or Europe?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In France, I don't know... I hope yes! That's actually a big project that I have in mind, for the future, for the near future maybe. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Imagine something like this in the Opera Garnier... wow![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We have to prepare this project, must be very well prepared. Once we do the first one, it's gonna be easy to do more, cause then we already have the arrangements, all the scores, everything. And that's what I'm looking for, actually; I really wanna try to do more and more. Then it wouldn't be so difficult, if you have the scores, you just need some time rehearsing, and find the right orchestra, the right sponsors, because this is not a cheap project. But I'm very sure that if we do it, it's gonna be very interesting and many people would like to see it. And also a nice thing to be released on a DVD. And, you know, as I have a classical music training, it's something really special for me, I wouldn't be just to put an orchestra somewhere, play some notes and say 'Ah, band and orchestra, great!'. There's a huge difference between this and something that's really made to be... bombastic. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]What you did in Porto Alegre was really great! It was different, but great.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That was really cool, because they took their time to do the arrangements, it was done by real music professionals and students, so the guys were even calling before and asking 'Is it ok if I do the arrangements like this or that...', and I said 'Pretty great, let's do it like this'... It was very cute actually because, after the show, they all brought me the scores as a present, you know, that they had printed... and that's also great for the classical environment, I think, because they are not used to the warmth that our audience has. They could have good applause of course but, never they had somebody screaming during the songs and singing together! And all the musicians who were playing there would look at the audience and were like Wooow... is it real?? [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yes, every time is like this! So you don't know what you're missing! (laughs)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And another very nice thing was when I was doing the Rock Opera “Tommy” in S[/FONT]ã[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]o Paulo; many young musicians from the orchestra, people playing flute or violin or anything, good players, came to me and said: “Thank you Andre because I started music because I was listening to your songs first. Then I started with the electric guitar, but now I play violin”. And I said “great choice!” Haha.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And what about inviting some classical musicians on the next tour, like you did with Shaman?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Then I wouldn't stick to one or two only. I would really wait until I can do the whole thing. Would be nicer.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You've written a song on Lisbon, one on Rio... when will there be a song about Paris?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It would probably not be so original!... Anyway, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I don't really do it on purpose; it was just happening due to some inspiration. Lisbon was because I had a very strong experience in Lisbon. I don't know exactly how to describe that, maybe because it's the land of my ancestors, and that was my very first time in Portugal; and Lisbon is a very unique city, in a way; because of the whole atmosphere around, everything is very old and historic, and it's very special. And when I was there, for the first time I was having a walk in the old town, alone, and I was seeing some things that were really registered in my mind. And later on, when I suddenly had this melody line – one day I just woke up and played that on the piano – then I thought, it maybe recalls a little of the Portuguese traditional music, you know, the [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]fado[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]. And I could actually confirm that when I met Fernando Ribeiro from Moonspell; he was invited to sing the song with me in a promo concert, and he told me “This is a real Portuguese music, this is real [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]fado[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif].” I could guess that but was not 100% sure. And he set his compliments to me because the song was really beautiful, about his town; so I felt really honored with such praise from such a guy, he's a great writer too... So, it was a quite strong feeling.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And then, years later, I wrote the song Rio because I was also deeply impressed with one of the best Brazilian movies ever, which is [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]City of God[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]. First, when the movie came out, I thought maybe there's been too much of a noise about this movie and maybe it's just one more movie about violence, you know...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]No, it's really special.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]...Yes, this movie has something really subtle, really deep, because it's not only about violence, it's about violence and the opposite as well, so it's a big contrast. It shows a lot of the human side, the art, the beauty of the city. And Rio also for me personally has a strong role in my life because my parents are from Rio, my family comes out from Rio, I was born in São Paulo but I spent basically all my childhood in Rio and I remember in the late 70's, how it looked like, how it felt like. And when I got to see the movie, all those things suddenly came up to my mind again and it was a deep impression again. So I decided to write a song having the movie as an inspiration, and those who didn't watch the movie, they should, because it's one of the best Brazilian movies that was ever done. So, I'm still waiting... you know... for other inspiration... It really depends on what kind of experience I have. I just don't choose a place and write a song, otherwise I could write about Mexico city too or whatever. But you need to live something deep there... So, for Paris... maybe! Let's wait and see... [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I have another question from a French fan, who asked: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In any love story, as beautiful as it may be, with time come regrets... Angra and France, France and Andre: from that great love story, what would be your biggest regret?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well, my biggest regret is that I can't be there more often! (silence) But... I remember, during the Angra times – it was not only because of the band, it was also because of the moment – the French market was going up like hell, so big bands like Megadeth or Angra, or even Sepultura, everybody was going up like a rocket. Maybe it was the strongest market in Europe by the time; I'm talking about 15 years ago maybe or 10 years ago... It has changed. And I'm saying this because it's not only about me or Angra; I've been talking to lots of people and lots of bands who used to be also very popular in France, and they also say, the market has changed. Somehow there was that boom about hard rock in France, but all of a sudden, more than a half of the magazines shut down, radio shows shut down, even some TV shows in France, which don't show this kind of music any more... Now, what remains is that basically the old big bands are still making something (Iron Maiden, Deep Purple and so on) but you don't hear a lot about the new come-ups, and also not a lot about the proper French bands; there should be an activity now in France or outside France... I think it's a pity that such a promising market didn't go bigger, because you can see that in other countries like Germany for instance, although its very overcrowded with bands and stuff, they always manage to have that 'rock circuit', really stable; you can play on all over the country, there are rock clubs... it's a tradition. In France it was not a tradition before; it started to be, and suddenly it went down again. So I really only can hope that it comes back, because that was a great feeling. I remember some Angra tour that we did all over the country; we played like 50 gigs in France, I've been to places that I never could imagine I will be one day, like Montpellier, Lille, Rouen... everywhere. And this is not happening any more. I wish that one day, it would be possible again. I mean, the people deserve it, the fans deserve it, it's more a question of business than any other thing, so when the people realize 'Oh, maybe we don't make so much money with that', then they stop doing that... and that's a pity. So, with my solo carrier I just expect than we can revive this somehow, build up something solid that grows up more and more and then, you know after such a time, I can say that France is still one of the biggest markets... which was very nice by the time; I was always happy to think about “nice, I'm gonna be a tour in France!”. It feels like home.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A question about Brazil: You who live at the heart of the Metal world, how do you see those many management and relationship problems that happen to Brazilian bands, Sepultura, Angra, or what you lived with Shaman... Do you therefore feel more free with our own band now?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Coincidentally, there were always management problems with the Brazilian bands, maybe because the Brazilian managers might not be that trustable. Brazil is a great country, it's a beautiful country, we have nice mentality, we are friendly and things like that. But I have to be honest, there is something about the Brazilian mentality that really sucks, which is: the corruption. People sometimes are not so honest and not so straight; they do many things under the table. Countries like Mexico, Brazil, Latin America in general has a little bit of this mentality, which is a shame, I would say, a big shame. I was living in Europe for a couple of years, and thank God I got the chance to live together with people who were very straight, especially the Germans; and there I learned a lot – how it's possible to live a life being honest to yourself and honest to the others around. And I can't fake any more, In this regard I could say that I'm more European than Brazilian, you know, because I always want to do the right thing, I never cheat; nor my band mates, or manager, or the public either. That's also another reason why people always ask me 'Andre, why do you ever break up with the bands? you go away, you start something and then you finish'?...- Because it's the most honest thing I can do once it's not working out any more! I mean, it's the only way I find to not stop with music, so that I get some new input and some new will to keep on doing what I'm doing. And finally with my solo band, just to answer this question, I can say that I found a perfect balance, at least so far – let's hope it's gonna continue. We are real friends, we have an open relationship, we discuss everything together, there is nothing being hidden... And I feel really good with that, because sometimes I have to play more the role of a manager here, for it's my name which is in risk, and I have to take really good care of what's coming out... sometimes it takes more time than usual, but at least I have the surety that I'm delivering something which I can trust and which I can really stand for. So in this regard I feel more free with my solo band, but on the other hand it's more work, because I care more about it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Another fan question... [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]What's the meaning of Z.I.T.O.?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Oh, no... You might ask the current Angra line-up, if they wanna talk about it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The title's not from you?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]No, it's not from me, and when I left the band I made a vow, I said: I'm not gonna talk about it, because back then we said 'this is a secret between us'; so I still honor this. If they wanna talk about it, it's their problem, but I honor the word that I gave. And to be honest it's not even so funny, so don't worry about it![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]During[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] your concerts, you almost always include guitar solos, keys solos, drums solos... why never any bass solo?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I heard a joke once... but some musicians told me this joke was nice, so:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]There was some wreckage on the sea, and the people of the boat went to a desert island. Then they found a native Indian, who was able to speak their language. But it was very scary, because they were hearing like some drums, very far away. So they asked the native guy: “What's that music coming, that drums sound, this is scary!” And the guy said: “No no no, drums can not stop. Drums never stop.”. Then the next day, and the next day.... “Drums never stop”. And they were getting crazy about it, they wanted to know where it came from, and the native guy was always saying “No! The drums can never stop.”. Then after 2 weeks they were asking the same and the guy was still answering the same and they went “WTF, why do you always say The drums never stop?? – Because if they stop then comes the bass solo!...”[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](laughs)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Not kind for Luis!...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]But you can ask any bass player, he will agree! And Luis – he hates bass solos!... You know, I can't remember any bass solo I've seen that really caught my attention. Ok, there are these jazz players like Jaco Pastorius... this was good, this is a different thing. But I remember for instance, when Metallica came to Brazil, before the Black album, during the show, at one moment the music stopped and there was that bass solo and that was boring like hell. If the bass player makes an interesting thing, though – I was talking about it with Luis and we said, he could do something together with the drums. Then it could be something interesting, cause he's a very good bass player. But then it really means to build up a nice solo; not only play the bass as if it was a guitar. Bass is bass.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]But it could be part of a whole instrumental moment.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Then I agree, then I don't have any problem with it. I just don't like when it's just a 'show off' of technique. But that also stands for guitar solos and drums solos and keyboards solos, I don't like when it's just... showing up your musical exercises, you know. It has to be about music. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Do you plan to play again in Porto Alegre, and to do more shows in Brazil?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yes, Porto Alegre is always a place where we use to play; south of Brazil, we have a very nice audience there, it's one of my favorite cities in Brazil, so, absolutely we plan to play there. Probably with Andre Matos Solo band it's one of the places we've played the most already. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]More shows in Brazil, yes, as long as there are good places to play and good promoters and trustable people, we should be playing in Brazil. We just did a very nice show in Manaus, and the people there were great, great production, so I was very happy with everything. Now we're doing some shows in south of Brazil when I'm back and there are many invitations for the next months, I hope it works out, as long as we can establish a professional level and nice spectacles for the people, we'll always be there to play in Brazil, I really love to travel around the country. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]How do you take care of yourself as a singer, and how do you warm-up before a concert, for an optimal performance?[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]To be honest, I used to be very careful with my voice at the beginning, when I was still learning how to sing, so there are of course some basic care that you should never forget... but I try not to be too worried about it. The things about not to drink cold stuff, for instance... it's more like a folklore; what's really important is your mind. If you have a good state of mind you can perform well. And your body should be healthy as a whole; so, one thing is for sure: if you don't get a good rest, you're not gonna sing well. This is rule N°1, and maybe it's the only one that's really true. Sleep is very important. So, don't blame the singers if you see they're lazy and sleep too much because they're taking care of their voice![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Why don't you more concerts, is it because you prefer to be composing in a studio rather than being on the road? Is it a way to revive your inspiration?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yes, of course when I record a new album I have to be some time away from the shows; it's very difficult to hold both things together, to be on the road and record at the same time. Sometimes you have to give yourself little breaks so you can work on new ideas and inspiration and everything, because it's a very different kind of work, to be in studio and to be on the road. Sometimes we don't know what we prefer; maybe to be on the road is more fun, but it can also be more exhausting, and studio is a very particular thing because somehow you need to recreate some kind of live atmosphere in the studio. But on the other hand it's also important because that's where you're gonna show your work and ideas, and you have to do it the best you can. So yes, basically if I was a bit away from the concerts, it's because we've been really working hard on the news songs and on the next album, and... the album is gonna be out soon!

2) questa è l'intervista:

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Andre... First of all congrats for the success of the Time To Be Free Tour! What's your main feeling after such a big tour all over the world?
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It's never enough! It's never enough places, it's never enough time... Things are too fast, you know. I remember some artists in the past that used to record an album every five years or ten years – some people still do, like AC/DC. But more and more now you have to put off [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]new things [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]and do new tours... There's a whole industry behind that kinda forces you to be faster and faster. So I still think there would be some room for promoting more shows of Time To Be Free record, and different places maybe; I'd really return to some of the places we've already been. But then, it felt like it was time to start producing a new album. Thank God we had already many ideas that we've been collecting, also during the tour time, so it was not so difficult actually to put those ideas together. And if I'd have to say what's the general feeling, I think, you know, it was something very important, not only because we could promote it all over, but especially because that gave to the band a better relationship as musicians. For some of the guys in the band this was the very first time that they were touring the world and I'm pretty sure that everybody was learning a lot out of it. And even the ones who were more experienced, like me and Luis, it's always nice to be back on the road and to live the read experience one more time, as intense as it is; because it might not be an easy life, you know, to be on the road playing concerts every day, away from home and in different places... but, definitely, when it's finished, we miss it! It's turned into a routine. So, every time we record an album we're basically thinking about the tour, and we're already looking forward to the next one.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Let's then talk about the new album. Is there still some work ahead?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: Yes. I've done already a lot of work and I came to Germany these last weeks to start the final process with Sascha Paeth, and also Amanda Somerville, who's taking part in this work; but definitely there are some things to be accomplished, still, and after this season here in Italy I will be back in Brazil to finish some stuff that's still missing for the album; some vocal lines are still missing, some arrangements too... But I would say it's very close to the end, the album is already 80% completed. And we're very happy with the result so far! Good songs came out very spontaneously, without losing our own style, but as I use to say I'm always trying to get a little bit further, to develop more and more these things that we've started... So I think it's gonna be a perfect development and follow-up for Time To Be Free.[/FONT]

A.M.Official Fansite: So it fits in the line of Time To Be Free, it's not completely different?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: No, I wouldn't say. It's not completely different, it's maybe more... accurate, more mature. Some things in Time To Be Free... I really like this album and I think it was perfect as a debut album for Andre Matos Band, but I'm afraid that some things were a little bit too mush overdone. There are sometimes so many details that people just wouldn't be able to recognize what's done there. This is an art, you know, to make something a little more simple but still have the same message, the same power, and the same 'class' so to say. I think this is part of the development, also, to be thinking how this would sound if we would play it live, so the live wouldn't differ too much from what's in the record.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You always keep this in mind? How it would sound live?

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If possible, yes. Of course there are some songs that were already born like complex songs, for instance in Time To Be Free you've got a song like...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]... A New Moonlight.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yes – how to do that live? Except if you use playback stuff, you know, only with a big [/FONT]orchestra[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]– which is also a possibility one day; it's a dream of mine to perform something like this; but then, such a song you already record it knowing that's it's not supposed to be played live. But we wanted to have an album now that's a little bit more 'easily digestible', more straight to the point – which does not necessary means the album is simple! It's still full of elements, some of these elements are even more extreme, but somehow we were taking care that it doesn't go to far in terms of 'overdoing' something.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In French we say 'Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien' ('the better is the enemy of the good'), which means that when you rework and rework something too much –[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: you start ruining something,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]...and you lost the original ideas.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's the point! It's very difficult, I think only the maturity can bring you enough knowledge so that you are able to handle this, to choose between what's wrong and what's right. It's a very thin line between those things because, on the other hand, if you don't care at all about what you're doing, then it can be pretty much rough, pretty much poor, and that's absolutely not what I want. It's very hard to get the good essence out of something, but still being refined.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]How many songs will be on the album? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: About 15 songs. Something like 4 songs should be released only in Japan, as a special bonus....[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Why Japan again?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: It's getting more and more; I mean in the past we worked they were usually asking for one song and now we're going for nearly 20 minutes of music! It's easy to understand... They have a big time problem there with imports; because some import albums can arrive in Japan for almost a half-price of the Japanese product, the same album, if it comes from China, or Korea, or anywhere else. So, that's their way to protect their market, they would need to have something really original, really unique there so they wouldn't suffer for the import so much. And their idea would be to release maybe a separate CD, only as a bonus, like an E.P., a double thing that comes into one package and then the Japanese product is a little bit different from the rest. But we will be very careful while choosing; we don't know yet which songs are gonna be the bonus tracks, it really depends...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]...at least the cover, maybe?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: The cover for sure.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]There is one cover only?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: Yes, which is gonna be a bonus track...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Is there any reworked version in this album too, like The New Moonlight?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: Well, err... (smile)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You don't wanna say.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: I think I've already talked too much! (laugh)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ok, it's gonna be a surprise, then!...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]So, when is the album scheduled for release?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: The album's gonna be ready around July / August, so I guess the release will be around September.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Do you plan any videoclip for this album? Would be nice...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: Maybe more than one. We have a good chance to shoot it probably in Europe, when we'll be back here. Maybe the clips are gonna come a little bit later, but for sure we're gonna do at least one.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Will it be a 'story' videoclip, with actors and so on?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: Yes. I prefer to do like this. I think if it's well done, it's less boring – anyway I'm not a big fan of videoclips, I don't like it so much. I think they always look a little bit silly, I don't watch videoclips! But it's a good promotion, it's good for the fans... so, once you have to do a videoclip then you should do a real interesting thing. I mean, to get a band inside of a hole, a dark hole, and just the band playing... it doesn't make so much sense. Then it's better if you record the live shows and release them in a DVD.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Let's talk about the upcoming tour, which countries do you plan to play in?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I got requests for you, on the fan page, for Holland – Argentina – Mexico – Brazil, of course – Italy – Asia – Chile – Peru – Puerto Rico – Germany, that you missed this tour – France...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: If we would play all of this, I wouldn't complain!! (laughs) Very nice... Well, I think we're much probably gonna start from Eastern Europe, after the album is released. Actually the first gig will be in the USA, at the Prog Power Fest in September; it's pretty much around time the album's gonna be out; but we won't play more than one concert there, and after that I believe we will come back to Europe in October to do some special concerts in the east of Europe... and then, there's a good possibility we expend this tour, until November or so, to all the other countries. And this time, hopefully we're gonna do a headliner tour, then we can play the entire set with the new songs also. I'm looking forward to that! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Will you play only headliner shows or would you accept to be openers as well?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: We plan to play as a headliner. It depends on a lot of factors, also what kind of promotion we have for the album, and the record label support, but I think there's a good chance, after what we've done in January, playing together with Edguy, but we also did some headliner shows back then in Europe and soon... we had some invitations for Latin America, also as headliner, so I think this will happen until the end of the year. And next year, that will be about time to perform some summer festivals, so we have plenty of time from the album release, for booking the festivals, we'd do headliner tour before, then everything should match.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Will you make an acoustic tour, like for Time To Be Free?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: I don't know yet. That was very spontaneous back then, the label wanted to do some special promotion. I don't know how it's gonna be this year, if there is a budget for that, if there's an interest on doing that. Of course it's nice for the fans...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yes! A lot of people asked about it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: Yeah... and for us it's cool, too; it's something really easy to set up – I don't say easy to perform, but easy to set up – and it's somehow a good possibility to be real close to the people. But even if there's not acoustic performance, I believe we'll be around for promotion, doing more interviews and stuff like that.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Regarding the 'creating process'... How involved are the other band members in writing and composing? Which of them contributes the most in his instrumental parts?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: I think Hugo is the most frequent partner for composing, but it doesn't mean that the other guys don't work with me as well. All the songs are the result of some collective friendship. It's very nice for me to work together with others, because it makes my mind a little bit clearer, it's better this way than only doing the things by myself. I appreciate more. And that time the process was also the same; the other guys were bringing ideas, and working them together so everybody gets their credits for them. I'm not a jealous composer in this regard, I don't wanna sound like my name is there alone.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Is there a member in the band – or out of the band – who most often plays the role of 'supreme adviser'? When you don't know what choice to make, when you can't decide something?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: Yes, I use to consult... all of them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Together?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Together, and sometimes individually... I don't have any problems with getting their advice for something... But of course, as it's a solo band, many times I have to take decisions by myself. Many times I'm also searching for new things by myself... and then I tell them later what's happening, but I don't like to work as a 'boss', you know, like “now you do this, now you do that...”... never. It's always nice when everybody knows what's going on, it's their life as well. I really wanna feel like that, although the band name is Andre Matos, it shouldn't depend on one guy, on one figure only. It's not only when I'm on stage that the show starts, it should start already before. That's why there are some parts on the show when I let them play solos and stuff like this, cause I really wanna show to the people the good musicians that are playing together, so that they feel comfortable as well. I would never feel good if somehow they would fear me or fear what I say – There was some time that they were avoiding to touch some subjects with me, just because they were afraid of my reaction and I was really angry to them and I said [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Never[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]do that![/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] We have to talk about everything, even though there are sometimes not so nice subjects to talk about, such as money for instance and stuff like this, everybody should feel free to talk as friends. Maybe I am a little utopian in my mind, when I believe it's possible to run together the business side and the friendship, and still be a musician. Because those are 3 things that are sometimes not compatible: to be musicians, to be friends, and to have a business together! Most of the time it doesn't go along so well.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And when working with Sascha, for the production, does he take part in the composing process, does he add his personal touch?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: He gives his opinion, yes, but this time actually, I brought like everything basically finished to him. And he also admitted that he wouldn't dare to change too much of what's been done, because then that would be very much of a work, once the things are already done. And he was also having a different mentality about it, saying, I will think about it the way it is, and if there are slight changes that can be done, we do it, but we don't touch the structure of the songs. He said for him, that's the perfect way of working because some bands come to him with just a rough idea and he's supposed to develop the idea from then; and he doesn't like it so much. Cause that costs him a lot of effort, and creative power as well. But I think he plays a big role anyway, he's also working out the sound and some arrangements... but that's what he really likes to do: instead of fixing mistakes, just trying to perfect something. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For this album, did you mostly write the lyrics after the instrumental parts were done, or is there any lyrics that came to your mind, not completely written of course, but even before thinking about the music, because it was more important to you...?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: Yes, some ideas came up to my mind before, but that doesn't mean that I wrote the music based on that. Probably it was matching to some music that was also done on the side, that didn't have the lyrics yet, and then I had this lyrical idea so I could adapt one thing to another and it goes along well together. I had 3 or 4 different ideas that came to my mind only as lyrics but not necessarily as music, and then I could find a way to fit all things together. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It's curious, you know, I cannot really explain how this process goes, it's not so easy. It's like... I don't know, it's like when you cook something; every day is different. Or how the people were born with different faces; it's the same thing but it's different from each other. It's so funny. Sometimes there is some music where lyrical ideas come to my mind right away. I start singing something, and when I start singing something, the words already come. Not finished, not complete yet, but the basic structure is there, the basic idea and concept is there. So... I try not to skip too much away from that; I have to respect this spontaneous lack of criteria, so to say, and try to stick to that idea. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Is there a song, from this upcoming album, that's more special or important to you?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: Yes, there is... but this kind of things tends to change with the time. Sometimes a song that you believe is really important at the beginning, when it's finished, either you get a little bit tired of it, or it didn't develop in something very impactant, or there might be other songs that are even more impressive in the end... Yes, there are some songs that right now speak a lot to me, but we'll see what they'll turn into. I still don't know what the final result's gonna be; I hope it's as I can imagine. I hope that they'll keep developing the same direction that it's right now and if that's happening then I think everybody's gonna actually enjoy it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]There were rumors about a DVD; are they founded?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yeah, we plan a DVD for... maybe, to be released before the end of the year; would be a nice idea. Then we need, after the concert in America and also the European festivals – I'd like to have all of this also recorded for the DVD, and we have tons of material from the past two years, it's a lot of things. It's gonna be a big work again, to select, and compile, and edit all of this, but it would be very nice. And I think we can say now it's about time to release a DVD, after the next album. So yes, hopefully by the end of the year. Would be a good season for that. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]What about the side projects: Virgo? Avantasia? Aina? Any ideas of the dates...?[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: The only one that I'm aware of is Avantasia; I know that there are some recordings already going on, probably, and that they're writing the whole stuff; I think it will also be released by the end of the year...[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You take part in how many songs?[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I don't know yet; I just know that I was invited to take part on it, and it really depends on what's the story's gonna be, what kind of character I'm gonna play; I don't think I'll do the same as I did on the first two albums... But it's cool, because Avantasia, especially the live stuff, was really good, very good atmosphere, so it became a sort of steady team. I think that for this album also, there will have some big names singing some parts or playing, but the basic team is gonna remain the same. And I'm glad I'm taking part on the album again. That also means that next year there will be a tour, and it was absolutely a very nice tour all over the world.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Do you still wanna work on the following of Virgo?[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: I want! But you have to ask this to Sascha... (laughs) Tell him that I want!... I mean we both want, you know, it's always the same, it's always a matter of time, because we have our projects and own stuff. So we would really need... some time like this, you know! sit down, relax... and then compose some stuff. Virgo should be like a vacation, if you know what I mean. Instead you go to the beach or something like that you just sit down and make an album. That could be very nice, actually! I remember when we did it, it was like that.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A lot of fan pages appeared on MySpace, Facebook, etc these last months and your fan club seems to grow faster and faster; how do you feel about that?[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: Seems you're doing a nice work! (laugh)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'm not the only one! It's just a general...[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: You're not the only one, let's be fair, but...[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]...tendency.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: Yes, let's be fair, there were people even before you came in who were already doing it, but I really appreciate when something is well done, seriously done. I've never been really fond of fanclubs and stuff like this because normally, it was only a way that the people used to feed their own egos; they think that, just because they belong to a fan club, or are the president of a fanclub – I had this experience in the past – that they are somehow more special than the others. That's a big risk, in fact. I think this is a message that should be spread away.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ok... it will be.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I mean, it's not your case, absolutely, it's not the case of some other people that I know, but it could be something dangerous. So, I really appreciate when it's seriously done, when you can notice that there is a real passion for music there, and I have a lot of respect for that. And nobody should criticize that. But the fake fanclubs, I really don't support them, because when you really need their help, they're not there, and they're basically only there for the [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]sparkles[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif], you know... it's an easy way to feel yourself more important than the regular people. So, for all the new fanclubs that came out and people that I had the chance to meet... they're very respectful, very nice. So yeah, in this regard, I completely support the idea, and respect it, because I know it's something born with a very good will. You know, I would be very proud, I'd be very glad if one day I can see like lots of fanpages from all over the world, and all connected together... So I really hope it grows up, and as long as there are responsible people taking care of it, they will always have my big support![/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A.M.Official Fansite: Thank you..

Ragazzi, di argomenti di cui parlare ne abbiamo tantissimi: si aprano le danze..
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

3. windsofchange

windsofchange
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

3 Giugno 2009

Amo quest'uomo... :hihi:

Tornando all'intervista, mi sto ancora leccando i baffi per tutte le notizie che ci ha elargito un (sembra) disponibile André. :happy:
    15 canzoni poi... :rotfl: Comincio a pregustarmelo ora...

4. James1984

James1984
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

3 Giugno 2009

Si, andre è stato molto esaustivo nelle risposte..

IL DVD è certo e da quello che ho capito verrà rilasciato dpo l'uscita del nuovo album , in quanto andre vuole sfruttare anche lo show di atlanta e i festival europei per avere materiale extra per il DVD...

Dovremmo quindi avere un dvd fantastico , ricco di contenuti, dato che matos vuole inserire anche materiale risalente a due anni fa...

5. windsofchange

windsofchange
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

3 Giugno 2009

Più che altro penso proprio che non verrà localizzato in italiano il DVD, meno male che sono già abituata a comprare su play.com. Altrimenti qui ci sarebbe vana attesa.:cry:

6. James1984

James1984
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

3 Giugno 2009

neanche ritualive era localizzato nella nostra bella lingua..Tuttavia i sottotitoli sono di facile comprensione...Non si tratta di capire un trattato internazionale...

L'importante è che venga fuori un bel prodotto e , soprattutto,che non venga fatto lo stesso errore di ritualive dvd dove, per mancanza di spazio, vennero eliminate diverse canzoni...

7. angelclaw

angelclaw
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

3 Giugno 2009

Che dire? Andrè non si discute, mai e poi mai e chi lo fa, peste lo colga!:evil:

Scherzi a parte è senz'altro il mio artista preferito (oddio, deve dividere la posizione con un altro immenso, in tutti i sensi: Jon Oliva!), un uomo che ha saputo incantare il mio spirito come pochi hanno saputo fare... Al concerto del 21 gennaio a Milano mi sono quasi commosso a vedere come, dopo tanti anni riesca a cantare egregiamente, non solo i brani nuovi, ma anche quelli degli Angra... Inimitabile, davvero. Sono anch'io contento di aver appreso le notizie postate da james...non vedo l'ora che simili anticipazioni diventino realtà! Grande Andrè, il più grande di tutti ( a parte Jon, ovviamente)!

8. GegioSebastian1

GegioSebastian1
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

4 Giugno 2009

ehm chi mi traduce le parti salienti x piacere??scusatreeeeeee

9. James1984

James1984
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

4 Giugno 2009

in sintesi:

1) il nuovo album è pronto all'80%...Matos dovrebbe essere in Germania , proprio in questo momento, a registrare ed ultimare le parti mancanti...
    L'uscita dell'album è prevista per luglio/Agosto.. L'edizione Giapponese conterrà 14 canzoni + una cover...Matos è estremamente soddisfatto del lavoro compiuto e questo nuovo album si può considerare un seqeul di Time to be free...Ci sono diverse canzoni che a matos piacciono particolarmente..

2) Il DVD uscirà per la fine dell'anno , quindi Dicembre/gennaio...MAtos vuole aspettare il Prog power festival di atlante e ulteriori concerti in europa per avere material extra da inserire...Il Dvd dovrebbe essere ricco di contenuti: lo stessi Matos parla di "Tonnellate" di materiale registrato , comprendente anche i due anni e mezzo precedenti.
    Non si sa se verrà rilasciato solo il dvd, o anche un DVD/CD...da quanto è emerso finora, il dvd dovrebbe essere un collage di vari show..

3) Nella prossima tournè, che dovrebbe partire tra ottobre e novembre,matos suonerà come headliner e quindi il concerto durerà anche due ore. e mezza

Poi ci sono state diverse domande dai fan:

1) Che cosa significa Zito? Matos ha detto di chiederlo agli angra...Quando usc' dalla formazione promise di non rivelare determinate cose, che dovevano rimanere un segreto ...Comunque ribadisce come la parola Zito non voglia dire niente di particolare..( non significa comunqe Zeus into the ocean"..

2) HAnno chiesto a Matos se fosse possibile uno show con l'orchestra anche in Europa e Matos ha detto di non esserne così sicuro, anche se la cosa gli farebbe molto piacere..

3) Gli hanno chiesto perchè dopo Lisbon e Rio, non faccia anche una canzone SU PArigi, visto il legame che c'è tra il singer brasiliano e il popolo francese..Matos ha spiegato che Lisbon e Rio sono legate a delle situzioni particolari che hanno influenzato la sua vita; sarebbe difficile, quindi, scrivere una canzone su Parigi...

4)

10. The Shaman

The Shaman
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

4 Giugno 2009

Disco nuovo, DVD, tour da headliner...non sto più nella pelle!!!!

Anche se adoro "Time To Be Free", mi piacerebbe che nel nuovo disco Matos aggiungesse influenze tipiche della sua Terra, alla "Holy Land" o "Ritual". :)

11. GegioSebastian1

GegioSebastian1
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

5 Giugno 2009

si ma piu che la francia,metti guna canzone italiana..noi ti amiamo di piu!

12. windsofchange

windsofchange
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

5 Giugno 2009

Sono particolarmente d'accordo su questo tema... Poco fa stavo risentendomi "For tomorrow".. Splendida.

13. The Shaman

The Shaman
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

5 Giugno 2009

Io pur adorando sia Reason che Time, due dischi che non presentano quelle influenze in modo marcato, spero in un ritorno di Andrè a quelle sonorità(per lo meno in qualche traccia). Erano una caratteristica, molto personale, del suo sound. Forse la scelta è derivata dalla voglia di distaccarsi da quanto proposto dagli stessi Angra, non lo so.

14. GegioSebastian1

GegioSebastian1
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

6 Giugno 2009

mh si..pero' un holy land 2 è impossibile,temo..

15. The Shaman

The Shaman
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

6 Giugno 2009

Beh...personalmente non chiedo un "holy land part 2"; mi va benissimo il sound attuale. Solo mi farebbe piacere qua e là, risentire quelle influenze. :)

Condividi questa Pagina