1. Il regolamento del Forum è stato ripristinato e aggiornato, lo puoi trovare in ogni momento in basso a destra cliccando su "Termini e Condizioni d'uso del sito". Ti preghiamo di leggerlo e di rispettarlo per mantenere il forum un luogo piacevole ed accogliente per tutti. Grazie!
    Chiudi

Metallica - Topic ufficiale

Discussione in 'Thrash Metal' iniziata da MetalForce, 1 Settembre 2004.

Status Discussione:
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.
  1. Red_Eirjk

Red_Eirjk
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

28 Agosto 2006

Moderno si, ma non certo quella modernità ricercata in St.Anger perchè se no questa volta mi metto veramente a piangere...

Vojooooooo i Metallllllicaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :ueeee: :ueeee:

2. the-phantom-lady

the-phantom-lady
    Expand Collapse
    GRRRRRRRR

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

29 Agosto 2006

Ultima modifica: 30 Agosto 2006
  3. SteelMaster

SteelMaster
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

29 Agosto 2006

beh le due canzoni nuove che ho sentito fanno capire un tentativo di recuperare alcune sonorità un po' dimenticate con St. Anger...però l'ispirazione, soprattutto nella voce è quella che è...cmq ch ci siano gli assoli è già una nota positiva. Non far fare assoli a Kirk è stato un delitto di immani proporzioni. Comunque staremo a vedere, siamo tutti un po' in attesa, ma non speriamo troppo in un buon album, non mi sembra ci siano i presupposti almeno a giudicare dall'attitudine che dimostrano.

4. the-phantom-lady

the-phantom-lady
    Expand Collapse
    GRRRRRRRR

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

31 Agosto 2006

METALLICA's HETFIELD And ULRICH Discuss Importance Of 'Master Of Puppets' - Aug. 31, 2006

METALLICA's James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich recently spoke to Masa Ito's "Rock City" TV show in Japan about their decision to play the "Master of Puppets" album in its entirety to celebrate its 20th anniversary. A couple of excerpts from the interview follow:

Hetfield: "My gut feeling is… I think 'Master of Puppets' represents a certain time in history. It was kind of the end of the Cliff Burton era in METALLICA, which is sad, but also very important. And maybe 'Master of Puppets' was the record that a lot of the early fans identified with. 'Cause after that Jason [Newsted] joined the band and then the popularity became bigger. And then the 'black' album… It was different after 'Master of Puppets'. So I think there's still an innocence about it and just a real 'fuck you, world' attitude to it still. And we weren't, I think, very influenced by all of the 'bigness' of METALLICA. Plus the songs — they have that energy, that fire; they're still youthful, but we were still growing, and the songs got grander and bigger, and [we added] more character to the songs. I think every song on that record is really good and it stands up to time."

"We had played almost all the songs live before, 'cause they were all, I guess, songs that needed to be played live. 'Orion' was the one song that we never really did live, and that seems to be one of the most fun — maybe because we didn't play it live, but… It's very emotional, even though there's no words to it, and having Rob Trujillo in the band now playing some amazing Cliff-style… it sounds better than ever. But I would say the songs themselves remind of an innocent METALLICA. The word 'innocent' in a… what kind of way?! Not stupid, but in a not tarnished, not ruined by fame. [Laughs] Even though we've tried our hardest to not be touched by popularity, it's impossible to not feel the effects of it. So the honesty and the innocence of 'Master of Puppets' — still sleeping, living at the studio; still roughing it and still having that fire. And only METALLICA on our minds — just METALLICA. Now it's different. There's family, there's a lot of things that are important in our lives. I think 'Master of Puppets' was… that was all we ever though about — ever."

"When we were going to play over in Europe, especially in the U.K., a lot of importance was put on 'Master of Puppets', and they did a CD — Kerrang! put together a CD of all these other bands — AVENGED SEVENFOLD, TRIVIUM, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, a lot of the new metal bands — paying tribute to 'Master of Puppets', and that inspired us to do our own tribute. But also, hearing those bands do our songs, it put a little fire in our ass to get back into it and really not be so lazy about playing. Not that we're lazy, but you kind of take for granted that, you know, we're been doing this for 26 years. We're good at this. Yeah, we are, but we can be better. And it helped us step up another level. I think what we were going to do was play 'Master of Puppets' live maybe just at Donington, or just at the indoor shows. But my idea was, hey, we've done the Download/Donington festival five times, six times. Let's do something different instead of the 'best of.' So we did it the whole tour, and it felt really good. It was a long set, but very inspiring, and it felt good to play from beginning to end the whole album."

Ulrich: "It's been fun. It's been really interesting writing the new record and going back and listening to 'Master of Puppets' — reliving it, re-learning it. Over the course of the years, we started playing some of the songs a little bit differently, and we went back and we played all the songs exactly… well, more or less… the same arrangements as on the album. We put a lot of parts back in that we had taken out over the years. And it's been interesting to write new songs while having 'Master of Puppets' kind of [on our minds] because I think it's definitely affecting us a little bit. Some of the new stuff has the same kind of… it's challenging like some of the 'Master of Puppets' stuff and maybe some of the stuff is a little bit inspired by some of it. We've been joking, obviously, in the beginning when we were trying to re-learn all the songs, if we had known 20 years ago that we would be playing the songs 20 years from then, maybe we wouldn't have made the stuff so complicated. But we kind of re-learned it, actually, faster than we thought. When we played the first show in Germany at Rock am Ring, we were very surprised about how effortless it felt, and how natural it felt to be playing the whole record, and obviously the way the fans were responding to it was very positive. They were even more surprised than we were that we could still play it, and still play it well and still feel like we were in control of it, 'cause some of the stuff is kind of complicated and nutty, but… We're all in very good shape and we've been in very good physical energy for most part of the year, so it's been fun.

"But what does the record mean? It's difficult to just highlight that record. You've done enough interviews with me to know how I feel about most of our records. I like most of our records, I have respect for all our records, certainly. I understand that people think that 'Master of Puppets' is a big highlight, but for me, it's just one of many records, and one of many records that fit a puzzle. I don't think that there could be a 'Master of Puppets' without the record before it and the record after it, and that goes for all of them, so it's difficult for me to single that record out as a special achievement, but I understand that for a lot of people it's a very special record, and I'm OK with that. But it's been a very positive experience. We've never done anything like that before — we've never played a whole record, we've never really celebrated a record — and I think we were a little bit hesitant about doing it, because I think we're scared of dating ourselves. We still consider ourselves to be younger than we are, and in our own minds, we feel that we're still much more part of the current generation than the previous generation. IRON MAIDEN and JUDAS PRIEST and AC/DC, they're still our heroes and they're still our idols, and so I still feel much more… I feel like I have much more in common with TRIVIUM and AVENGED SEVENFOLD and those bands than I do with IRON MAIDEN and JUDAS PRIEST, because they were my heroes. So it's difficult… When we did this whole 'Master of Puppets', I think we got a little scared of, maybe we were part of the older generation, you know what I mean? But I think it's been OK. And it's actually been a lot of fun to do it. Maybe we'll do it with every record as it hits its 20th anniversary. Who knows?!"

5. desultory

desultory
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Settembre 2006

:sgrat: Giusto giusto non ho capito solo l'ultima frase :D :P

Ascoltando proprio in questo momento "LOAD" non ho potuto fare a meno di intervenire su questo topic e sottolineare l'immensa emozione che mi ha regalato "Bleeding Me" secondo me la più bella dell' album :ueeee:

Non ho resistito ad alzare il volume malgrado fossero le 1:15...............................speriamo che a fine CD non mi ritrovo i carabinieri sotto casa :roll:

6. the-phantom-lady

the-phantom-lady
    Expand Collapse
    GRRRRRRRR

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Settembre 2006

secondo me la + bella è outlaw torn,seguita a ruota da bleeding me:)

7. Dc1980

Dc1980
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Settembre 2006

Anch'io credo che in questi album ci siano delle belle canzoni. Solo fa strano vederle targate Metallica.

8. SERGIOVINCI

SERGIOVINCI
    Expand Collapse
    Banned
    BANNATO

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Settembre 2006

Ho ascoltato la seconda nuova canzone del prossimo cd dei Metallica e devo dire che un po' di speranza addosso me l'ha messa...Cioè, niente di eclatante, ma rispetto alle ultime cose sentite è un buon passo in avanti. Mi ha ricordato molto vagamente Motorbreath, più che altro per la velocità ed il tiro, e anche le melodie vocali sono buone. Voi che ne dite?

9. [Aenima]

[Aenima]
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Settembre 2006

Mi spiace ma secondo me i Metallica sn morti in un incidente stradale...

10. Thrash 'Till Death

Thrash 'Till Death
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Settembre 2006

non ho letto tutte le pagine perchè son tornato ieri, cmq sia dico che questa opener del live shit sintetizza l'attitudine definitiva dei Metallica per di più nel mio pezzo definitivo..ma è proprio il live shit ad esprimere e fotografare dei mostri di cattiveria, capitanati da un Hetfield che non ha pari in quel periodo:

già: justice non so come venga percepito dagli altri, ma per me è la prova migliore grazie anche e soprattutto ad un james che si vede anche in questo live, è incazzato col mondo.. e justice, dovessi rapportarlo al cinema, lo paragonerei ad arancia meccanica per la violenza lirica e musicale (acidità mostruosa, riffing a tratti violenti a tratti pacato e sognante) del combo americano

11. Thrash 'Till Death

Thrash 'Till Death
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Settembre 2006

anche per me..outlaw torn è qualcosa di eccezionale pur nella sua semplicità..poi la cafonata ain't my bitch mi fa impazzire.

12. Blackie Lawless

Blackie Lawless
    Expand Collapse
    Stomp vocals

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Settembre 2006

secondo me no, solo che oggi gli preferisco altri 100 gruppi anche solo in ambito thrash

13. [Aenima]

[Aenima]
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Settembre 2006

non ho sentito niente dell'album che dovrebbe uscire ma penso che di thrash i metallica non abbiano proprio più nulla

14. desultory

desultory
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Settembre 2006

Come?...........Ma quando è successo? :D :P

15. Alvit

Alvit
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

2 Settembre 2006

Lo pensavo anch'io dopo aver sentito st.anger (sinceramente non m'è piaciuto) ma dopo averli visti live all'heineken mi sono ricreduta.
    éstato un concerto bellissimo e devo dire che one mi ha fatto venire la pelle d'oca come del resto nothing else matters....
    BEI RICORDI....

Status Discussione:
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

Condividi questa Pagina